Speaker Township

Election Information

How can i request an absentee Ballot

Your request for an absent voter ballot must be in writing and can be submitted to the Township Clerk:

Speaker Township
ATTN: Clerk
7630 Brockway Rd.
PO Box 170
Melvin, MI 48454

You must request an absent voter ballot by mailing the application, large print application, a letter, a postcard, or a pre-printed application form obtained from the township clerk’s office.

Requests to have an absent voter ballot mailed to you must be received by your clerk no later than 5pm the Friday before the election.

Once your request is received by the clerk, your signature on the request will be checked against your voter registration record before a ballot is issued. You must be a registered voter to receive an absent voter ballot. Requests for absent voter ballots may be issued to you at your home address or any address outside of your city or township of residence.

After recieving your absent voter ballot, you have until 8pm on election day to complete the ballot and return it to the clerk’s office. Your ballot will not be counted unless your signature is on the return envelope and matches your signature on file. If you received assistance voting the ballot, then the signature of the person who helped you must also be on the return envelope. Only you, a family member or person residing in your household, a mail carrier, or election official is authorized to deliver your ballot.